Sonntag, 3. April 2011

Nightmare!

Zum einen habe ich das Tutorial für das Modellieren von Ohren ausprobiert, das Two Fishies hier gezeigt hat: The better to hear you with (my dear) und dabei ist unter anderem das hier heraus gekommen *g*
ears
ears

Zum anderen fand ich vor einer Weile eine günstige Breyer Magnolia:
Photobucket
Bevor mich nun alle für verrückt erklären - das ist DAS ideal Ausgangsmodell, um Mielahis daraus zu verändern.
Hier der Beweis:
mielahis wip

mielahis wip

Mielahis
Mielahis ist gespannt.*g*

English Summary:
I tried out Two Fishies' tutorial about sculpting ears today ( The better to hear you with (my dear) ) and above you see some of the results. *looks innocent*

And I also managed to find a cheap Breyer Magnolia a while ago - while I do not think that she makes a very realistic horse, she is excellent raw material to make a 3D version of Mielahis out of her. Shown above first sculptings. He is partially blackened to help the imagination along a bit.

Kommentare:

The Watcher hat gesagt…

Ooh, I'd never heard of that model! :O I think it'll make a beautiful Mielahis. :D Just wondering, what do you use for sculpting?

shoestringstable hat gesagt…

Those ears look beautiful, although perhaps not quite in the right spot :)

Mielahis is looking awesome! It is a great use for that mold and I can't wait to see him finished. I like how well you are building on the existing mane and tail.

Ailanreanter hat gesagt…

It is one of those special run resin models that Breyer does once in a while, the last one was something gaited, I think.

For remaking I always use Apoxy - it comes in many colours, my favourite one (for sculpting) is the gray stuff you see on the horses above. But the pink is also Apoxy- at that time, the gray one was sold out in the shop and I really needed to continue a remake so I could not wait.
I get it here:
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/oxid.php/sid/0710156c93f4ae14f566053042442a19/cl/alist/cnid/ee943dc7597d2f407.30480172

The Watcher hat gesagt…

Thank you! :D Do you think they ship to Portugal? I can't find it for sale anywhere else. >.> So any of those works, right? :D

Oh, and Topher just got his hooves shoed, he told me to thank you for the tutorial! :D

Ailanreanter hat gesagt…

@Leah: How funny, you are already the second person to point it out- maybe I should really change something, then? ;-)
I really couldn't resist when I had to put them somewhere to set.*g*

Thank you, I am very surprised how well sculpting the hair works, usually I am very very bad at it... Reading the tutorials on that topic by Two Fishies apparently is paying off as well. :D

Ailanreanter hat gesagt…

@The Watcher: Cool, I am always glad if I can make a model horse happy. Am looking forward to see him with his new shoes.

I think they would send to Portugal, they have a few customers in Europe, I think. Maybe you could ask them by mail first (and inquire about shipping rates): info@modellpferdeversand.de

The Watcher hat gesagt…

Thanks, I'll do that. :D

The Watcher hat gesagt…

Whee, they ship worldwide! Fast response. :O I can't wait to have money to buy it. XD

Last Alliance Studios hat gesagt…

Oooh, brilliant ears! (lol at the placement though XD) I know they say the seat aids are best to communicate with your horse but really! XD

Ailanreanter hat gesagt…

Finally someone who understands my intentions with those ears! XD

@The Watcher: Wonderful, you will find a lot of helpful things for remaking besides just the Apoxy in their shop, too.